Join us on an incredible Tafsir of Surah al-Hujurat:49. To understand what Allah ﷻ tells us about the manners and morals of a Muslim community.
Surah al-Hujurat is a Madinan Chapter and consists of 18 verses. The chapter focuses on educating the Muslims about their role and relationships starting with Allah ﷻ and His Messenger ﷺ. From there, the surah teaches us about the ethics and conduct befitting believers, towards each other, inspiring, equality, brotherhood, and justice. It also guides us on the dangers of suspicious behavior, backbiting, doubt, and how to resolve disputes among people.
A brief outline of the topics covered:
• Context (Asbāb al-Nuzūl)
• Our relationship with Allah ﷻ & Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
• Manners & Morals of a community of believers
• Issues around wrong information and the Importance of verification (Media Today)
• Issues around suspicious behavior, backbiting, and doubt (The Dangers)
• How to deal with the conflict between parties